This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of this Seller - boss9878 , Tom 1778

Bought a watch from this forum on the 2nd week of November (should be 11th or 12th Nov 2009). It is a tissot t-touch asking for s$650. He acknowledges himself as Tom (User ID boss9878 @ mobile # 92379878) on the phone.

We met in Jurong area and I took over the watch and paid him $650. He has mentioned that he is not familiar with the watch thus he does not really know how to set the compass. He has also given 1 year warranty for that watch and claimed that he had a share of 2nd hand watch shop

Being techie myself, I thought it is alright since there is warranty and also manual in it .

2 weeks passed and I am still unable to get the compass set probably. Thus, a sms was sent to him and he redirected me to send it to the Omega Service centre.

The service Centre confirmed that the compass is faulty and the cost for the repair will be around 300+. Service centre doesnít accept the warranty card as there wasnít any AD stamp on it.

I have tried contacting him since then but he never reply anymore. I have tried calling his number and this starhub number is no longer in service.

I have therefore concluded that he has an intention to cheat.

Iím publishing this incident in this website to alert all forum members to take additional care with dealing with this person:

User ID: boss9878, Tom 1778
    Mobile: 92379878, 83281778
    Address: He claimed that he stays in Bukit timah
    Work: He claimed that he work in Natsteel and look after a few factories in the region.
    Look: talkative man about late 40 or early 50 and about 1.7m.

Re: Beware of this Seller - boss9878 , Tom 1778

Thanks for sharing.

A guy who part-own a 2nd hand watch shop, but does not know the function of his own watch, and yet promise a one-year warranty, is indeed very suspicious... :roll:

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Bro. Once I nearly dealt with this user but his unfriendly gesture and totally no nego, turned me off.

Hope all is well with you bro. Thanks for sharing and hope you will sort things out.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

This joker has a few accounts iirc, I had a bad experience with him before(thru sms) To think a guy who's been in the watch trade for 20years(LOL, crap), succumbs to this resort.

Comment

seller sounds unethical..n seems to be illegal..misrepresentation?

hope all goes well for u!
          Seiko Blue Turtle

Pictures: http://swx.com.sg/forum/showthread.p...tch-Collection

Comment

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5878&hilit=

Pretty self explanatory what this fella is all abt. This fella easily has more than 4 IDs, all with different mobile numbers.
            Now
            Ball Engineer Hydro Carbon Classic II DM1016A-S1J-BK
            Ball Engineer Hydro Carbon DeepQUEST DM3000A-SC-BK
            Bell & Ross BR01-92
            IWC Portuguese Chronograph IW371401
            Panerai PAM 005H
            Rolex GMT Master II 16710
            Rolex GMT Master II 116710BLNR
            Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520
            RXW Plasmir Milgraph Two Counter
            Sinn U1
            Sinn 6100 Regulateur Klassik Blau

Comment

Hahaha...The linked thread is so darn funny...Would never have thought that there would be such a person trying to do business here.

Hope this thread serve as a lesson for the rest of us.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
              it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
              How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
              That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Originally posted by boss9878
                TISSOT T@TOUCH QUARTZ COME WITH MANUAL,BOXES AND 1 YEARS WTY CARDS ,ASKING FOR $650 ,INTERESTED BUYER CALL ME HP 92379878.ALL DIRTY LEGS OR LOW BALLERS ARE NOT ENTAINTED.NO SMS
                WATCHES IS YELLOW DIAL ,DIAMETER 47MM,COME WITH STEEL-BRACELET.MANUAL,BOXES AND WTY CARDS.ASKING FOR $350 ,CALL ME FOR DEAL HP92379878.LOW BALLERS ARE NOT ENTAINTED .THANKS
                Originally posted by tom1778
                for sale tag-heuer 2000m exclusive quartz chronogarph ,dial is white ,with 3 blue chrono dimeter 42mm,come with steel -bracelet boxes and wty cards ,watch is 95% condition ,list is $2800.selling for $1850 .if you keen the price then you call ,if not dun waste time.low ballers are not entainted call me directly if you keen hp83281778.mr tom
                SEKIO 2OO METERS SCUBA-DIVERS IS COME YELLOW DIAL DIAMETER IS 47MM WITH STEEL- BRACELET COME WITH BOXES AND WTY CARDS MANUAL,LSIT IS ASKING FOR $350.JUST SERVICE BY SEKIO CENTRE.INTERESTED BUYERCALLME FOR DEAL HP83281778.ALL SMS ARE NOT ENTAINTED
                Originally posted by barry6508
                FAST SALE TAG-HEUER CHRONOGRAPH QUARTZ PAWN FOR $600 , TAKE NOTE :SELLING THE PAWN TICKETS FOR $400.COME WATCH DIAL IS ORANGE COLOURS ,COME IWYH BOXES AND MANUAL,2 YEARS WTY CARDS.INTERESTED BUYER KINLDY OFFER ,CALL ME HP82346508.LOW THEN $300 NO NEED TO CALL, LOW BALLERS ARE NOT ENTAINTED.THANKS
                SEKIO SCABA-DIVERS 200 METERS DIAL IS YELLOW COLOURS ,WITH STEEL-BRACELET,MANUAL ,BOXES AND WTY CARDS.DIANETER 47MM.ASKING FOR $350.IF U KEEN THE PRICE THEN U CALL ,IF NOT DUN WASTE BOTH PARTY TIME ,THANKS LOW BALLER S ARE NOT ENTAINTED .

Comment

Originally posted by fireal
                  TISSOT T@TOUCH QUARTZ COME WITH MANUAL,BOXES AND 1 YEARS WTY CARDS ,ASKING FOR $650 ,INTERESTED BUYER CALL ME HP 92379878.ALL DIRTY LEGS OR LOW BALLERS ARE NOT ENTAINTED.NO SMS
                  WATCHES IS YELLOW DIAL ,DIAMETER 47MM,COME WITH STEEL-BRACELET.MANUAL,BOXES AND WTY CARDS.ASKING FOR $350 ,CALL ME FOR DEAL HP92379878.LOW BALLERS ARE NOT ENTAINTED .THANKS
                  for sale tag-heuer 2000m exclusive quartz chronogarph ,dial is white ,with 3 blue chrono dimeter 42mm,come with steel -bracelet boxes and wty cards ,watch is 95% condition ,list is $2800.selling for $1850 .if you keen the price then you call ,if not dun waste time.low ballers are not entainted call me directly if you keen hp83281778.mr tom
                  SEKIO 2OO METERS SCUBA-DIVERS IS COME YELLOW DIAL DIAMETER IS 47MM WITH STEEL- BRACELET COME WITH BOXES AND WTY CARDS MANUAL,LSIT IS ASKING FOR $350.JUST SERVICE BY SEKIO CENTRE.INTERESTED BUYERCALLME FOR DEAL HP83281778.ALL SMS ARE NOT ENTAINTED
                  FAST SALE TAG-HEUER CHRONOGRAPH QUARTZ PAWN FOR $600 , TAKE NOTE :SELLING THE PAWN TICKETS FOR $400.COME WATCH DIAL IS ORANGE COLOURS ,COME IWYH BOXES AND MANUAL,2 YEARS WTY CARDS.INTERESTED BUYER KINLDY OFFER ,CALL ME HP82346508.LOW THEN $300 NO NEED TO CALL, LOW BALLERS ARE NOT ENTAINTED.THANKS
                  SEKIO SCABA-DIVERS 200 METERS DIAL IS YELLOW COLOURS ,WITH STEEL-BRACELET,MANUAL ,BOXES AND WTY CARDS.DIANETER 47MM.ASKING FOR $350.IF U KEEN THE PRICE THEN U CALL ,IF NOT DUN WASTE BOTH PARTY TIME ,THANKS LOW BALLER S ARE NOT ENTAINTED .
                  all the same person??? :roll:
                  Seiko Blue Turtle

Pictures: http://swx.com.sg/forum/showthread.p...tch-Collection

Comment

I think his real job is an English language butcher, looking at his posts makes me cringe and wonder if he knows where the caps lock key is.
                    Still, I get a kick whenever he claims how low offers will not be 'ENTAINTED', or how he wants to sell vintage cowboy watches at ostentatious prices without even willing to post photos.
                    Seems like a low-life head case who should have been banned together with his other 'persona' on this forum when he threatened bro Leftfield who rightfully pointed out his contravention of forum rules. And he used yet another one of his many user-Ids to respond!

Comment

Some quick investigation work reveals that this fella has at least 4 IDs posting in various sites (the internet is such a wonderful place!) :D

Dave8709
                      Tom1778
                      Barry6508
                      boss9878

HP numbers he used. 5 in total!

Now if that ain't fishy, i dun know what is! Time for me to find some security guards!
                      Now
                      Bell & Ross BR01-92
                      Panerai PAM 005H
                      Sinn U1

Comment

Oops, forgot jbl4444 as well!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6428&p=16369
                        Now
                        Bell & Ross BR01-92
                        Panerai PAM 005H
                        Sinn U1

Comment

Haha, he's rude even to himself, what a loser!

Comment

Originally posted by leftfield
                            Some quick investigation work reveals that this fella has at least 4 IDs posting in various sites (the internet is such a wonderful place!) :D

Dave8709
                            Tom1778
                            Barry6508
                            boss9878

HP numbers he used. 5 in total!

Now if that ain't fishy, i dun know what is! Time for me to find some security guards!

i think it's time for the all the user in swx to remember a man with 5 IDs and how a old time gangster work in swx, haha

Comment

Gangster or not, this is not appropriate conduct.
                              My sympathies to TS who got taken for a ride.

Comment

Collapse

Working...
                              X