Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE

My Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE
    So far have been using this for a few weeks and time keeping is accurate. Have not drop any sec for this week. Solidly built and quality of the finish is excellent. Have not try the thermometer fuction yet as not travelling to any cold country this year. It is shockproof as well as antimagnetic. Fitted with a 4mm sapphire crystal with AR coating. Uni-directional bezel with superluminova except for the 12 o'clock position on the bezel is fitted with tritium micro gas tube. All hands, markers and the temperature gauge are micro gas tubes that will last for 25 years. It gives consistent glow that needs no recharging unlike the superluminova that it is bright (freshly charged) but will fade as time passby through the night. The tubes will give consistent glow without recharging and is good for divers, actually. Ball has a patented design crown protecting mechanism somewhat like the panerai but different. Due to the o'ring fitted for waterproofing the watch, this mechanism will see that user really locked the crown all the way after adjusting the time/date. After having used to my Panerai, this watch seems to be on the smaller scale having a diameter of 42mm compared to the Panny at 44mm. Normal Hydrocarbon range is about 40mm only. Anyway, thanks for reading my small review of this automatic watch from BALL Watch. Some pics to drool over...

Cheers,
    Jay
    Owned:
    Omega Speedmaster
    PAM 104
    Sinn U2
    Ball Engr.Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE
    Ball Fireman Night Train
    RXW MM20

Re: Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Ti TMT LE

very nice Jay...saw the hydrocarbon chrono yesterday...list at SGD3700 before discount, very tempting, It would be my first ball if i had sucumbed to that temptation

Comment

[quote="firestorm"]very nice Jay...saw the hydrocarbon chrono yesterday...list at SGD3700 before discount, very tempting, It would be my first ball if i had sucumbed to that temptation
      quote]

I was looking at the hydrocarbon chrono as well. Although it has 30gas tubes, its gas tubes are small. What attracts me to Ball is their gas tubes, so i am looking at the fireman series with 63 LARGE gas tubes ;)

Comment

Originally posted by firestorm
        very nice Jay...saw the hydrocarbon chrono yesterday...list at SGD3700 before discount, very tempting, It would be my first ball if i had sucumbed to that temptation
        Hi Firestorm,

After discount would be roughly around S$2.8K ~ S$3K. Depend on where you purchased
        The chrono is a good buy since it has day-date, lilke the "Alligator" which is sold out in limited edition of 1000pcs worldwide.

Regards,
        Jay
        Owned:
        Omega Speedmaster
        PAM 104
        Sinn U2
        Ball Fireman Night Train
        RXW MM20

Comment

Originally posted by subnavigator
          Originally posted by firestorm
          quote]

I was looking at the hydrocarbon chrono as well. Although it has 30gas tubes, its gas tubes are small. What attracts me to Ball is their gas tubes, so i am looking at the fireman series with 63 LARGE gas tubes ;)
          Hi SubN,

Not necessary that it glows brighter. It should be. I have the NT but I like my hydrocarbon better. The tubes actually brighter than the NT. Not sure why...

Regards,
          Jay
          Owned:
          Omega Speedmaster
          PAM 104
          Sinn U2
          Ball Fireman Night Train
          RXW MM20

Comment

Hi there,

I think the hydrocarbon Ti TMT is indeed a beautiful piece.

I am wearing a Engineer Hydrocarbon Magnate now and plan to get the Ti TMT next.

I was contemplating the Diver TMT but the rubber strap looks very slim (read weak) when juxtaposed with the huge chunk of the 42mm watch case.

Comment

I have a ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium and i love it. Built to last and really like a tank.

I think you really have to hold on ein your hand to appreciate how well built it is. 8-)

Comment

Collapse

Working...
              X