No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Worldmaster Automatic GMT

I received the Atlantic Worldmaster Automatic GMT as a gift recently.

Since this watch has been getting some questions and curious stares from watch lovers everywhere I went (especially to watch shops around Singapore), this post should clear up some of the mystery!

The nature of my job requires that I keep track of 2 different timezones, the Singapore (+8 GMT) and United States (Central Mountain Time). It is for this reason that I was given the Worldmaster GMT, as it has two set of indexes set on a beautiful black / white dial. The outer index shows the local time zone, while an inner black ring indicates the 2nd timezone. For someone like me who prefers a simple, uncluttered watch face… the way these 2 timezones (plus the date) are presented makes its elegant and easy to read at a glance.

Another nice touch I like is how the watch features a see-through back panel that allows me to marvel at the automatic mechanism. Just seeing the watch tick away on its own is quite a hypnotic experience. Given that it is an automatic stainless steel timepiece, I certainly wouldn’t wear it for sports or swimming … but I was told that this watch is water resistant for up to 50 metres. Upon further research I found that since Atlantic sponsors sailing competitions, this feature shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Overall I’m pleased with the functional and elegant style of this watch. Unique enough to get a second stare (and questions like, “What watch is that!”) while understated enough to be worn on a daily basis.

I’m not sure if it’s available in Singapore yet but this should be a nice watch to have around. I’m told the price is around SGD$1200 - $1600.
    Attached Files

Re: Atlantic Worldmaster Automatic GMT

cool retro looking GMT...nice mini review peter! ;)

Comment

Hey Peter, that's a real neat watch you were given. Its one of those few things I would classify as timeless. What a beauty indeed.

Do you have an idea where the watch was bought from? Was bought in Singapore or not?

I'm asking because I'm intending of getting it as a gift for my father, who has been a professional for over 60 years and who is an avid collector of watches. I'm sure he would love this timeless design.

I'm also wondering if anyone else in the forum would know where I could get more info on Anlantic watches or where I could get them from?

Thanks! :D

Comment

Originally posted by jant
        Hey Peter, that's a real neat watch you were given. Its one of those few things I would classify as timeless. What a beauty indeed.

Do you have an idea where the watch was bought from? Was bought in Singapore or not?

I'm asking because I'm intending of getting it as a gift for my father, who has been a professional for over 60 years and who is an avid collector of watches. I'm sure he would love this timeless design.

I'm also wondering if anyone else in the forum would know where I could get more info on Anlantic watches or where I could get them from?

My friend bought it for me in Europe when he was working there. According to him, its quite a popular brand there in Eastern Europe but relatively unheard of in this part of the world. Shall ask my friend if its available in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by jant

Recently I thought of getting another Atlantic so I did a bit of digging.

Turns out that there is a Singapore distributor for this brand of watches in Singapore.

For those who are interested, here's what they replied to me via email:

The first authorized retailer for Atlantic Swiss watches:

CENTURY NEW TIME HOUSE
          1 KIM SENG PROMENADE
          #01-39C GREAT WORLD CITY
          SINGAPORE 237994
          TEL 6333 6302

I haven't made my way down there though. Anyone has visited the place please let me know if they have a wide range? Thanks.

Comment

Collapse

Working...
          X