No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rare vintage chronographs

Presented here is another piece from my collection. It's a tri-compax with triple calender by Wakmann watch co.. The watch is running on a valjoux cal. 730 manual winding movement. Very clean and classic look.

Comment

Presented here is another rare vintage chronograph by Breitling watch co. It is a model named: Chrono-matic, fitted with a Cal. 15 movement. Personally like the dial design and layout, notice the unusual sub-dial layout and the off-center date window. Also the colored hands are very attractive too.

Comment

Anakin & Darth Vader - Rare vintage Omega Seamasters!

My Anakin finally returned from Bienne! Now it has joined its dark side....both has been serviced by Omega and still under warranty. I love them!

Cheers,

Sophian@Elveez

Comment

Re: Anakin & Darth Vader - Rare vintage Omega Seamasters!

[quote="elveez"]My Anakin finally returned from Bienne! Now it has joined its dark side....both has been serviced by Omega and still under warranty. I love them!

Wow!!! I'm impressed!! This is a very nice pair. Very fortunate person you are for sure.

Comment

Presented here is another very rare piece from my personal collection. This is a very rare piece issued by Universal Geneve in the 1940's for WWII pilots, named "Aerocompax".

It is one of the smallest tricompax chronograph watch that I've ever seen. Measuring at only 31mm in diameter w/o crown and 35mm with both crowns. Notice the crown at 9 o'clock position? this allow user to set the time for the "memento" dial at the 12 o'clock position. This "memento" dial allows the user to set a reminder time reference for an planned event....the hands doesn't move. These are really very rare and hard to come by, considering it's age and small production/ issued quantity.

Comment

4 pieces of "Black Knights" chronograph in my collection to share. All 4 watches were manufactured during the 70's. Their design and material used seem really ahead of time back then.

Comment

Here's another piece of vintage chronograph from my personal collection. I love the racing style dial design and the color combi. Very attractive and rare watch issued by "DUGENA" in the 1970's.

Comment

Here's a shot of my Chronoris trio, vintage single button chronograph with inner rotating bezel. Very rare model and not often seen. I used to own only 2 pieces, recently added 1 more (the one without the tachymetre bezel) to my collection.

Comment

Absolutely impressive collection of Chronograph watches :o

Comment

Another piece of vintage chronograph issued by Croton. Watch is running on a Valjoux cal.7733 movement. Design of dial is classic, neat and sharp looking. Very attractive though simple.

Comment

wow... very beautiful watches... :o :o :o

i was always pretty interested in vintage watches, where can you find more information, like which of the vintage are good and rare to collect, movements etc...

also where can you get vintage or even russian watches in singapore, and how much are they...

would like to get one

thanks in advance,

Comment

OMG those photos posted really looks GREAT. Haven't seen any collection of such chronographs from any other sites. Keep in coming as those are real treasures to gaze upon. Pieces like those sure beats the existing chronographs that are coming in nowadays. The prices now also seems too far from the actual realistic value. Can see from the casing that there were real sweat and pain involved in producing such great treasures of the glorious past. Now with the age of technology seems like present day pieces are all machined and produced with a push of buttons. Couldn't imagine how those SUPERB work of days gone by went unappreciated for far too long. Now with all the marketing expertise those vintage should be beyond present day prices as present day watches basically are copies of the old in movement and design with slight changes to sizes and dials.
                          Keep the postings coming for me to download and enjoy. THANK YOU and certainly made my days.

Comment

A big HELLO to all fellow collectors here, pardon me for my recent "disappearance", I've been really busy at work. A big thank you for all the compliments and words of appreciation for the watches in my collection, I'm glad to know that there are like-minded vintage collectors out there who share the same sentiments with me. I personally love vintage pieces and prefers vintage to current new models. Somehow I felt that there's this unexplainable feel with vintage watches, this is the kind of feeling that new watches can never provide me.
                            Well...to me, I love vintage pieces for their history, attention to details, craftsmanship, design and originality. In fact, I observed that manufacturers of new watches nowadays has been flipping their archives and reproducing old models.

Here's another rare vintage chronograph issued by the less-known "Herma" watch company. Although it's not a big/ well known brand, its design is remarkable. This piece is a good example, the dial design is complex but not complicated, the colors are contrasting but not confusing. This piece is one of my personal favorites.

Comment

1963 Nivada Grenchen Val 92

Comment

Collapse

Working...
                              X