Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUMO or SHOGUN

Hello all,

need some advice. I've been eyeing the Seiko SHOGUN SBDC007 for the longest time mainly because it's mainly made with titanium but I also know that it's not very different from the Seiko SUMO SBDC001 since they share the same movement. The main difference as far as I can tell, is the fact that the crown is at 4pm vs 3pm (SHOGUN vs SUMO), titanium vs stainless steel, case size 44mm vs 45mm and the hands.

Is the SHOGUN really worth double the money?

Can anyone give me a good reason to stop being tempted?

Not sure about Shogun, but one will love the bezel of sumo and how well it sits on your wrist. Cheers.

Comment

I just saw a Pepsi bezel for the sumo. The possibility of modding it gives it one point over shogun now.

I'm still thinking about which to get...

Comment

Agree, i am looking at the see thru caseback.

Comment

Having owned both (albeit for only a short period of time, sadly), I would say that on paper, the Shogun doesn't seem to be as much of a value proposition as the Sumo, and it probably isn't.

But there is just something about the Shogun, that one can only understand when you hold it in your hands, or wear it for a while. The Brightz Titanium with Diashield is great stuff and extremely comfortable, and the classic diver looks just work in many situations, dress codes, and wrists.

If you were going for pure bang-for-buck, at current prices, the Sumo cannot be beat. But if you were interested in more than just bang-for-buck, then the Shogun has this intangible quality about it.

I am thinking of picking up another Shogun or Sumo, and I am leaning very much towards the Shogun...

I say that if you were tempted by the Shogun, for more than a week (like me), then just go for it. You can get the Sumo easily at a later time. ;)

Comment

I keep switching my fancy between the Sumo and the Shogun..... sigh... it's sad I know... Can't decide.
            Didn't you just sell off your shogun? You thinking of getting another one again? Wow, you must really like the shogun....

Comment

It's haunting me in my sleep...

Comment

It will soon be a dream come true for me. My wife is buying me one, with a good friend getting it from Japan for me.

Originally posted by germywermy View Post
                It's haunting me in my sleep...

Comment

in my mind... seikos are all pretty same...

Comment

Collapse

Working...
                  X