Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for Rolex to issue certificate of authentic for 2nd Hand watches?

Dear all,

Firstly let me apologise if this question dosent make sense, im honestly a bloody newbie, I have in mind of getting a rolex watch in SWX however am unsure if RSC is able to issue a authentic certificate for watches sold without paper?

Can the higher end replica be detected by RSC (those which claim to be using swiss movement and selling at 1-2K) . Would appreciate any form of advice besides buying 1st hand from AD

regards
    Zouk

I don't think RSC issues a certificate if you lose it. The most you can do is send it for verification/ complete overhaul. RSC only services "all original" Rolex... so if RSC services your watch, it's 100% authentic.

I believe RSC's technician are trained. Unlikely to miss their eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by zouk786 View Post
      Dear all,

Firstly let me apologise if this question dosent make sense, im honestly a bloody newbie, I have in mind of getting a rolex watch in SWX however am unsure if RSC is able to issue a authentic certificate for watches sold without paper?

Can the higher end replica be detected by RSC (those which claim to be using swiss movement and selling at 1-2K) . Would appreciate any form of advice besides buying 1st hand from AD

regards
      Zouk
      I have recently (last month only) carried out a verification of a Rolex Submariner at RSC with a buyer.

The process is as follows:

1) Go to RSC reception at 1st storey - on the right
      2) Inform them you would like to verify the watch for authenticity
      3) They will inform you that they will only let you know verbally, they will not issue any authenticity certificate
      4) If you are agreeable, you fill out a form with name (can be your name or buyer's name) and contact number; they will issue you with a serial numbered collection note which you will need to bring along to collect the watch when it is ready; they do not collect any verification fee yet
      5) RSC will call the number you have given to inform that the watch is ready for collection (I sent in the watch at around 3pm and was informed to collect at around 5.30 pm)
      6) You go to the same counter at RSC with the collection note to collect the watch. As mine was genuine, they simply inform you verbally that the watch is an original piece; you pay the $107 (inclusive of 7% GST) verification fee and get a receipt not a verification certificate.

As I have no experience on what they would do if the watch is not genuine perhaps other members can advise although I am given to understand that if it is not genuine no verification fee is collected. This means that once there is a receipt for verification the watch must be original.

Comment

I have learnt that...No question is silly pal,

Originally posted by zouk786 View Post
        Dear all,

regards
        Zouk
        The only silly ones are the ones we don't ask. And I think the questions you have asked are very valid !

No, they don't reissue certificate, loosely called the papers (though nowadays they issue credit card like warranty certificate), if you lost yours.

Yes, they should be able to tell the different between genuine pieces and fake pieces.

The experts will be able to tell even from high definition pictures if a dial is fake...

All the best with your watch collecting hobby... it is addictive, mind you! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by wkng View Post
          I have recently (last month only) carried out a verification of a Rolex Submariner at RSC with a buyer.

3) They will inform you that they will only let you know verbally, they will not issue any authenticity certificate
          4) If you are agreeable, you fill out a form with name (can be your name or buyer's name) and contact number; they will issue you with a serial numbered collection note which you will need to bring along to collect the watch when it is ready; they do not collect any verification fee yet
          5) RSC will call the number you have given to inform that the watch is ready for collection (I sent in the watch at around 3pm and was informed to collect at around 5.30 pm)
          6) You go to the same counter at RSC with the collection note to collect the watch. As mine was genuine, they simply inform you verbally that the watch is an original piece; you pay the $107 (inclusive of 7% GST) verification fee and get a receipt not a verification certificate.

As I have no experience on what they would do if the watch is not genuine perhaps other members can advise although I am given to understand that if it is not genuine no verification fee is collected. This means that once there is a receipt for verification the watch must be original.
          Woh... you have gotten the steps right here, to the Ts... good job

As to the last question, I understand from my watchmaker that nowadays, they still collect the fee even if they spotted a fake! true??

Comment

I went to RSC to verify a normal rolex watch once.
            I told the front counter lady I need a verification. On the spot she holds the watch and feel the edge and look at the bracelet. Within minutes, she said this watch doesn't belong to us.........Free but that was quite some time back.

Comment

Originally posted by wkng View Post

very informative! thanks for sharing

Comment

Collapse

Working...
              X