No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAM verification

Hi, this might have been asked before,..

-where can i take a pre-owned pam in singapore for verification?
    -any ideas how much it will cost?
    -it is quick/fast to do verification or do we have to leave the watch?
    -are they going to open the watch to help verify its authenticity?

what is the trend, the seller should pay for the verification or the buyer?
    cause if the verification will cost a bomb, might as well get direct from a local AD :-)

thanks in advance,..

Hi,
    -you can drop by JWWatch for verification, do note their operation hours. It cost less than $100 bucks to get it done. If its not a see-thru case back, the case have to be opened for verification to tally the movement serial number with your warranty card etc.
    -Immediate verification.
    -Usually buyer pay the cost

you need to do some homework to make sure that you are getting the best price for the piece, I've learnt mine costing me some money in the process.
    Pre-owned or even BNIB from overseas AD usually cost less than the local AD unless its a run-out model but even so, with some homework, you can still get a good price.
    I bought my 372(overseas AD) from a dealer at 13k, which is faster and cheaper than the local ADs

Comment

Hi Tagmaniac bro, not sure if I'm too late in replying to your post, but anyway hope this helps..

Similar to what bro ethansia has mentioned above, you need to head down to JW Watch to do the verification. It costs $100 dollars to get your watch verified. I recently accompanied some bro there to get his watch verified. What they will do is take in your watch to their watch technicians to examine it, then they will come out and inform you if your watch is authentic. Also, they will verbally inform you about the accuracy of the watch (whether running too fast / slow), and thirdly is water resistance if im not mistaken. You will be issued a service receipt.

Hope this helps!

Comment

What I do is check the AD name & addressed stamped on the warranty and search the particular brand of watches website and see whether there is such boutique/retailer name and address or not.

Comment

How long does JW take to validate a PAM?

Comment

30 mins - 45 mins depending on the crowd.
            last weekend i was there... around 20 mins only

Comment

sorry just to check, any where else does the verification in singapore? thanks in advance

Comment

hi all... so any can advise?

Comment

Go to Pam boutique and ask them to change the strap (depending on which strap you have on your existing watch) to the leather or rubber strap, if it is faked, they will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by et628 View Post
                    Go to Pam boutique and ask them to change the strap (depending on which strap you have on your existing watch) to the leather or rubber strap, if it is faked, they will tell you.
                    oh thanks, so meaning that they will swap your straps for a fee or free?

Comment

should be free, although i have tried that for AP, not for Pam though.

Comment

Please if you have purchased any fake timepieces or related accessories, do the community a favour, make a police report.

There are very well organised syndicates possibly operating behind 'reputable' business fronts with intimate experience of the trade involved in Singapore.
                        The answer to all your questions are in the forum guidelines

SWX is a homage free forum

Comment

Originally posted by et628 View Post
                          should be free, although i have tried that for AP, not for Pam though.
                          alright thanks man!

Comment

Collapse

Working...
                          X