No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never again!

Purchased 15400 on 26 Dec 14 (BNIB). Brought to AP Service Centre to size to my wrist on 29 Dec 14 and purchase 1.5 link (they removed a portion of the blue protective film on the bracelet to size and remaining factory stickers intact - means watch is new).

From 29 Dec 14 to 5 Jan 15 - wore it twice. Very careful when adjusting time and date. No shocks to it. Watch malfunctioned on 5 Jan 15 - a) stopped running intermittently b) date does not advance when hour hand is wound 2 x 12 hours c) manual adjustment of date have "resistance" on certain dates.

Brought to AP Service Centre on 6 Jan 15. Inspected externally to be perfect. Was told by their Project Manager and Regional Service Manager that such occurrence is very rare and they will check the watch thoroughly and provide a satisfactory resolution by 9 Jan 15.

Received their standard email reply that my watch is under warranty and will need 8 to 10 working weeks to be "serviced" - WTF?

Watch quality is crap. Service even more so. Just sharing so that you will know what to expect with this brand here.

Received an apologetic email from their service staff that the email was sent in error, it was not meant for me. Then why is the reference number similar to that of my acknowledgement letter for the watch? Then, another email, this time from the project manager with apologies to explain that the watch is faulty (date spring?) and they will replace the component and have the watch to me within 2 weeks plus an extended warranty. Should I accept this given the watch malfunctioned within a week?

Then comes the best part - I received another standard email to inform me that my watch is under warranty and will take 6 to 8 weeks to be serviced (???!). Totally no coordination within the company! I think I need to escalate this matter further as the local service centre has been a very disappointing experience. Anyone knows who else I can speak to in AP HQ?

Comment

Sorry to hear of your experience. Hope everything is well by now.
      The answer to all your questions are in the forum guidelines

SWX is a homage free forum

Comment

must agree with you. AP start loosing their Quality Control. Wondering what happen in Les Brassus

Comment

Originally posted by perpetual24 View Post
          must agree with you. AP start loosing their Quality Control. Wondering what happen in Les Brassus
          In a imperfect world, thats what the factory warranty is for.
          The answer to all your questions are in the forum guidelines

SWX is a homage free forum

Comment

Unfortunate story bro, luckily i have never encountered this issue from AP but nevertheless i think AP can handle this as i have to admit they have one of the best after sale service. Maybe yours might take up some time to resolve since maybe a major texhnical issues happen in its movement due to their faulty. I really think if they can promise you in resolve this issue FOC without any fees need to be done then there wouldnt be a problem bro.

They make watches less than PP, maybe this case that you are having is wuite an unsusal case. Hope you get your watch done and be happy with it.

Do update on your watch status though. Curious what happens when you receive the watch back from the SC

Comment

Working...
            X